Classic red bean lobio recipes
Lobio is one of the dishes that Georgian cuisine is proud of. Today, this name is also popularly used by other dishes of Georgian cuisine, which include beans. Initially in Georgia, this culinary masterpiece was prepared using hyacinth beans, but later Columbus brought beans to this country, and they became the main component of the meal.
A very tasty dish - red bean lobio, which can be cook at home using recipes and tips from experienced chefs. Many housewives prefer to use classic cooking technology for this. However, each chef has a secret, thanks to which the taste of this culinary masterpiece changes, improves.
a classic lobio recipe
The dish is full of herbs, spices, from which it has an excellent taste, aroma, and is very useful.
To make lobio from red beans using the classic recipe, "arm" with the following products:
- Beans - 0.5 kg; < li> Wine vinegar - 2 tsp .;
- The first step, which is a classic recipe, is to soak the beans for at least 14 hours. This will require approximately 1.5 liters of water. When the product is infused, it must be thoroughly rinsed under running water.
- Put the main ingredient in a cauldron or in a saucepan with thick walls, fill it with water so that it completely covers the base of the dish. We make the heat low, cook the product for an hour.
- While the ingredient is cooking, let's prepare the other ingredients. Chop the onion into cubes, sauté it until transparent, which will take about 5 minutes.
- Next, the recipe suggests rinsing and chopping the basil, add 1 tsp to it. vinegar and grind the food, and then move them to a separate container.
- Push the nuts, chop the garlic, combine the ingredients, stir.
- Add red pepper and 1 tsp. vinegar, stir well.
- While still hot, put the cooked beans in a pan with onions. If athe liquid has not boiled away, drain it.
- Salt a mixture of red beans and onions, let it fry for another 4 minutes, transfer to an enamel or porcelain dish.
- To the mixture add basil with vinegar, suneli hops, coriander and other spices to taste.
- Grind the herbs, add to the rest of the products, stir well.
- Treat yourself to homemade dishes and treat yourself to classic lobio.
Red Bean Lobio In a Multicooker
Food ingredients can be purchased at any store.
To make red bean lobio cooked in a multicooker, we need the following products:
- Main ingredient - 300 g;
- Onions - 1 head;
- Leeks - 100 g;
- Green hot peppers - 20 g;
- Walnuts - 100 g;
- Pepper, cilantro, salt - to taste;
- Purified water - 0.3 l.
- We wash the legumes, soak them in water, leave them for 12 hours or more.
- Peel the onions, wash them, chop them into cubes.
- Next, the recipe for cooking in a multicooker involves separating the white part of the leek and chopping it into rings.
- Chop the pepper and nuts with a knife.
- Place the beans in the bowl of the device, pour them water so that the liquid covers the ingredient by about 1 cm. On the multicooker, set the mode "Extinguish" and the timer for 1.5 hours.
- When the program ends , open the lid, in the future lobio add all the other ingredients that you have prepared in advance, except for cilantro.
- Select the program "Stew" again, cook for another hour .
- Served in deep bowls, sprinkled with cilantro chopped with a knife.
Georgian red bean lobio with meat
Due to the fact that the blue yes, meat is included, the calorie content of the food will be slightly higher, but its taste makes even those who zealously watch every extra gram on their waist forget about it.
- Tomatoes - 0.6 kg;
- Raw red beans - 0.5 kg;
- Garlic - 5 prongs;
- Onions - 3 pcs .;
- Lamb - 0.6 kg;
- Vegetable oil;
- Hot pepper, salt, cilantro, parsley, dill.
When cooking, you can use any herbs and natural spices at your discretion.
- The main ingredient for Georgian lobio must be soaked and allowed to soak in water for 12 hours, preferably 14.
- After that, rinse the main ingredient thoroughly, send it to cook in such an amount of water that completely covers the component.
- While the legumes are boiling, prepare the meat. It must be rinsed, cut into pieces, fry in flowhalf an hour in sunflower oil.
- Next, to prepare lobio from red beans, using the Georgian recipe, peel the tomatoes, cut them into cubes.
- Chop the onion, having previously peeled and washed it.
- Chop the herbs and garlic, and add to the meat together with tomatoes and onions, continue to fry the ingredients for 7 minutes.
- Combine the finished main ingredient with the meat, simmer for another a few minutes. If the water from the legumes has not boiled away, drain it before combining all the ingredients.
- Decorate the dish with chopped herbs, serve.
canned red bean lobio
Using a ready-made main ingredient greatly simplifies the cooking procedure and reduces the time spent on it.
For red bean lobio, which must be purchased canned, in addition to 1 can of the main component, you will need:
- Onions - 2 heads;
- Basil - a bunch; < li> Garlic - 4 teeth;
- Open a jar of canned red beans, transfer the product to a colander, but do not drain the juice - it will still be needed.
- Pour boiling water over the main ingredient, let the liquid drain.
- Grind the greens and carrots, fry with spices using olive oil. If the latter is not available, you can use sunflower.
- Using a blender, grind walnuts, and then fry them for a couple of minutes without oil.
- Now, using this recipe, combine half of the main ingredient with in advance sautéed onion and chop in a blender, adding garlic, mint, vinegar.
- Combine the resulting mixture with walnuts, spices, chopped cilantro, basil, stir.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the remaining half the legumes, stir again.
- If the consistency of the food is too thick, add the right amount of liquid left over from the canned beans.
- Optionally, garnish the dish with pomegranate seeds.
Girls who follow their figure certainly want to know what the calorie content of their meals is, and red bean lobio is no exception. In 100 g of food prepared according to any of the listed recipes, it is about 90 kcal. The only exception is lobio with meat, the calorie content of which is approximately 150 kcal/100 g of food.
If you have not surprised your household and guests with culinary delights for a long time, prepare a lobio for them, and you will be able to do it, because the food is hearty, beautiful, aromatic, tasty, and even healthy.