Cutlets from cabbage: useful properties and recipe
For modern Housewives, the question of what to cook for dinner, not an edge. On the Internet there are a large number of original recipes. But in the pursuit of something new, we forget about old, proven, and most importantly – delicious.
Fragrant patties of cabbage belong to this category. This simple, economical dish that will appeal not only to adults, despite the fact that children are the real gourmets, who do not recognize healthy meals and prefer to eat only sweets.
Useful properties of cabbage
For a start to familiarize with all the benefits of this simple vegetable — cabbage. It includes a large number of vitamins and minerals. Therefore cutlets from cabbage is not only delicious, but also useful.
The main feature of cabbage is that it is able to retain vitamin C for a very long time. Interesting fact that tangerines, lemons and oranges vitamin C is much less than the usual vegetable.
Also there are other necessary substances for the body:
- vitamins B1, B2, PP;
- potassium salt;
- salts of calcium and phosphorus;
- Pantothenic acid etc.
In the cabbage you can find the necessary for human life trace elements – manganese, iron and zinc.
Vitamin U is also in this simple vegetable. It is necessary for the human body to prevent various diseases of the stomach, such as ulcers.
The feature of the vegetable is that almost any form, it retains all the nutrients. That's why rolls of cabbage are very rich in various vitamins.
A simple recipe for the whole family
Most women have no idea how to cook burgers cabbage. Some even believe that it will take a lot of time, and therefore lay the recipe on the back burner. But, as practice shows, meatballs, cauliflower or cabbage are prepared very easily. A simple recipe does not contain any additional elements, such as ground meat or semolina.
For the easiest meatballs you will need the following ingredients:
- cabbage – about 1 kg;
- chicken egg small size – 1 piece.
- a half Cup of flour;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil for frying (about 2 tablespoons).
The recipe consists of several simple steps:
- Start with cleaning. Cleaned and washed the cabbage must be cut into 4 pieces.
- Then put it on the stove. Boil in salted water until the cabbage is tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Recline in a colander. Drain all the water. By the way, the water can be further used to make a soup.
- Cooled boiled cabbage. With the help of a grinder make the stuffing.
- Cooked in minced meat add flour, egg. Carefully mix everything. The finished meat should be soft, no lumps and thick.
- Final touch – hot. Spread fashioned balls and fry on each side until Golden brown.
With this recipe can handle even a schoolboy. Therefore, if you want to delight your family with juicy burgers, but you have absolutely no time for cooking, this is what you need.
Juicy and soft rolls of cabbage with semolina
There is another variation of cooking the cabbage cutlets. Additional main ingredient is semolina. They are juicy, tasty and even a little dairy.
Cutlets from cabbage with semolina – is, oddly enough, one of the favorite dishes of kids.
To cook them, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 PC. medium cabbage (about 1 kg);
- ¼ Tbsp regular cooking oil;
- oil for frying (approximately, depending on the pan);
- 120 ml of any broth or plain water;
- semolina (about 1 Cup);
- 2 pieces of chicken eggs;
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- to taste salt, seasoning and pepper;
- breadcrumbs (enough for 1 package).
The recipe is quite simple:
- Washes and finely chop the cabbage. Prior to that, from it, you must remove the hard stalk.
- In a saucepan or a pot pour all the broth and adding milk and butter. The entire mixture sprinkle with salt and pepper at your discretion. Then put chopped cabbage and cook until until it becomes soft. It usually takes no more than 10 minutes.
- Once the cabbage has become soft, add the semolina. Cooking with semolina need to until the grits will swell (10-15 minutes).
- The resulting mass remove from fire and add to it 2 eggs.
- Form the balls of desired size and shape and coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Fry on both sides until uniform and Golden brown.
We all know that the burgers or meatballs have 100 percent consist of meat. But not many realize that if you add them cabbage, they will become more soft and juicy. And the volume of ready meals will increase almost twice. Tender chicken cutlet with white cabbage is a perfect side dish for a hearty dinner.
Chicken cutlets with cabbage and minced require the following ingredients:
- 500 g chicken mince (or any other on request);
- 500 g white cabbage;
- The usual 150-200 g onions (3-4 medium onions);
- 1 raw egg;
- salt, spices and pepper to taste;
- oil for frying (vegetable).
Meatballs of chicken mince and cabbage can be prepared in the following way:
- Finely shinkuem cabbage and add to it minced. Stir it carefully.
- Add to the resulting mass egg, all the spices, finely chopped onions and salt. Mix everything together
- Then beats the stuffing as best you can. Leave the meat to marinate in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- With your hands shape the meatballs and spread on a hot frying pan.
- Fry on both sides until Golden brown.
- Put all the chicken meatballs to the pot and simmer on low heat for 50 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Cutlets from cabbage is a delicious recipe, especially if you add in them and more meat. Besides, they can be served as a separate dish needs no side dish. For a hearty dinner is the perfect option.
Secrets and tricks
Cabbage rolls are often associated with the taste of childhood. And all because in kindergartens, camps and school very often we were served them.
Many Housewives want to prepare the "canteen" cutlets with cabbage.
But, as a rule, not all succeed. The food in the dining room always very different from home, and few know the secrets of its preparation. In order dish turned out more soft and tender, cabbage is best not to chop and skip through a meat grinder. Of course, it is necessary to pre-boil in salted water. But if you are going to cook cabbage chops with stuffing, using a meat grinder it is best to skip the ingredients together, not separately.
The dish will be even spicier if you add grated Apple. Also mushrooms combine perfectly with almost everything, so if you add them to the main ingredients, the dish will turn out original.
Burgers can be cooked like white cabbage, and color. The recipe is no different. On the taste of cauliflower will be a little different from the original. But as they say, it's not for everybody. If you don't like cauliflower, it is likely that burgers cooked on its basis, you are also not particularly impress.
Cutlets from cabbage, the recipe of which is also no different, are softer and more gentle. They are easier and faster to cook.
The most important thing is to adhere to the specified time. Only in this case the dish will turn out tasty and can be served to the table.