Eliminate muscle pain – treatment of myositis and the cause of pathology
Inflammation of the muscles of the neck, back, chest, shoulders or thigh in medicine called myositis. When this disease affects one or several muscles. In muscle cells formed nodules, and this in turn leads to pain. If time does not begin to heal the inflammation, the myositis muscles go into chronic stage.
Sometimes, the disease affects one (locally) or several groups of muscles (polymyositis). The disease can develop in acute and chronic form. Acute, usually appears spontaneously, abruptly, particularly after a trauma or after intense physical exertion. If time does not begin treatment, the stage goes into the category of chronic, and periodically makes itself felt pain. They manifest themselves in strong colds, weather changes, long load.
- pain in cervical region, giving the head, frontal area, ears, shoulders;
- pain in the chest area, waist, back, the muscles of the legs;
- pain syndrome is getting stronger while driving or when feeling on the street in cold weather;
- the pain does not calm down even after rest, people are constantly experiencing them in a state of rest;
- forms a swelling, the muscle tissue becomes thicker, strained;
- by touching can be observed nodules inside;
- his head barely turns to the side, it hurts to straighten and bend;
- increase in the local temperature, edema, local redness;
- weakness in the muscles, they can atrophy.
The symptoms will depend on the treatment of, for example, cervical myositis. And it starts early, the less risk of complications.
Why illness occurs
The disease develops for the following reasons:
- spasms of the muscle tissue;
- severe hypothermia;
- constant exercise;
- a metabolic process within;
- podagra, lupus erythematosus;
- osteochondrosis, scoliosis, arthritis;
The muscle tissue of the back become inflamed as a result of:
- colds (influenza, respiratory catarrh, tonsillitis, sore throat);
- development of rheumatism.
In addition, inflammation of the muscles of the neck and back can develop because of infection with bacterial and fungal nature, parasites, disorders of the immune system, effects of toxins. If a open wound gets infection, incorrectly or did intramuscular injection, there is a great risk of occurrence of pus.
Most often, this disease affects people who is always in the same position, which strains the same muscle group. Programmers, office workers, violinists, pianists, drivers.
- Cervical myositis – the most common form. Most often develops after colds, heavy loads on the physical. Pain is felt on one side of the neck, to turn his head to the side impossible;
- Spinal cord – the pain is felt in the lumbar region is aching in nature. Even at rest she is, becomes violent during motion and when feeling the back. Often inflammation occurs in pregnancy because the strain on the back at this time the most;
- Breast – here is inflamed intercostal muscle tissue. It becomes difficult to breathe. Symptoms similar to the intercostal neuralgia;
- Infectious occur due to the penetration of enteroviral infections and development of tuberculosis, syphilis, influenza. The main symptoms – pain and weakness. Can go into a purulent;
- Ossificans affects the hips, shoulders, buttocks. Most often appears after injuries. The fabric becomes dense, atrophy;
- Polymyositis – severe form. Here affects several muscle groups. They are characterized by severe pain and weakness.
How dangerous inflammation of the muscles
When the inflammatory process develops weakness of the muscle tissue. The patient finds it difficult to climb stairs, to walk, to get out of bed, dress, etc. Further progression of the disease affects the condition. It is becoming increasingly difficult to raise his head from the pillow, you have to keep her upright.
In addition, the inflammation can move on to other muscle groups. The danger of cervical myositis is that it attacks the tissue of the pharynx, larynx and esophagus. Swallowing pain is felt, a cough, muscle atrophy, shortness of breath. The treatment of cervical myositis depends on the symptoms. If not treated in time the disease, there will then atrophy and weakness remain until the end of life.
Symptoms of the disease is very similar to osteoarthritis, because it is also the pain is felt in the back and neck. Kidney disease may also give pain aching plan that is felt in the lumbar area. For the decision of a correct diagnosis is necessary to consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination.
The survey begins with survey, inspection and feelings of the patient. Is electromyography, which shows the state of the skeletal muscles, seems to the blood and urine.
How to treat myositis: methods
Tactics of treatment depends on the etiology of the disease, symptoms, its shape and form. Treatment is appointed individually, take into account the age of the patient, features of his body. The disease is inflammatory in nature, so the doctor is required to appoint anti-inflammatory drugs. If there is pus or infection, prescribed antibiotics. If the cause is autoimmune diseases, the doctor prescribes corticosteroids in large doses. If necessary, appointed by antiparasitic drugs and serum.
Mandatory assigned symptomatic therapy. The doctor prescribes painkillers and remedies for vessels. In the acute form the patient should observe the recumbent and rest, no physical exertion.
Treatment of myositis of the back muscles in a more time-consuming, the course is 3-6 weeks.
The course may include the following procedures:
- Hirudotherapy – the blood does hirudin, through which is removed the swelling, strengthens blood vessels, normalizes blood circulation;
- Acupuncture needles affect biologically active points. Using this procedure, the pain disappears, inflammation, vasospasm, normalizes the nutrition of tissues;
- Kinesiotherapy is curative gymnastics. Helps to relieve pain, normalizes blood pressure, metabolism, joint mobility;
- Massage is the kneading, rubbing. The procedure relieves pain and tension, eliminates pain in the head, straightens your posture.
A comprehensive treatment of the disease helps to relieve inflammation, eliminate pain, improve health, strengthen the tone of muscle tissue, normalize blood circulation and blood pressure, strengthen the immune system. It is possible to treat myositis at home. To do special exercises to consolidate the effect.
Equally important to eat right, diet. Abandon all oily and spicy. To include in the diet of vitamins, vegetables, oil, fruit, lemons, lean meats, fish, dairy products, nuts, berries, eggs, liver, cheese. To drink 1.5 liters of water a day, broth hips, green tea, compote of dried fruits.
Treatment of myositis of the cervical area in the home can be carried out with dry heat. Tie the sore spot warm woolen scarf. Fit physiotherapy. Can be very gently massage the neck, to stroke and RUB her. You can use lavender essential oil, eucalyptus or marjoram in the form of heated and diluted with water.
Try not to SuperCool, dress for the weather. Avoid drafts, cold, trauma, excessive exercise.
Do not sit on metal and cold benches, concrete. It is undesirable to sit with my back to the window.
It is impossible to carry on the legs of the disease that bears an infectious character. Time to treat influenza, respiratory catarrh, sore throat, etc.
Good sports – swimming, yoga, Biking, skating.
Be sure to take breaks at work if you sit long in one position. Make slopes to both sides, move the shoulders interesting.
Inflammation of muscle tissue is treatable if you start it on time. Otherwise you risk to earn complications such as muscle atrophy in which the muscle tissue become weak and movements slow and painful.