Fergana pilaf recipes: from classics to original taste
In eastern countries, it is believed that the best fergana pilaf is cooked only by men. This dish has its own nuances that are important to consider in order to get a really tasty dish. Over time, the dish was changed, which made it possible to obtain original versions. Let's look at some recipes for delicious pilaf.
classic Fergana pilaf
Traditionally, this dish is prepared in a cauldron, but at home you can also use a saucepan with thick walls. Be sure to prepare such a treat for your family and guests.
For this dish you should take the following products : 1 kg of mutton and devzira rice, 910 g of carrots, salt , 4 pinches of chopped coriander, 375 g of fat tail fat (you can replace 300 ml of vegetable oil), four onions, 1.5 tbsp. spoons of barberry, 3 heads of garlic, 25 g cumin, hot pepper, pomegranate, dill and parsley.
Step-by-step instructions :
- A few hours before cooking, the rice should be thoroughly rinsed 7 times until the liquid remains clear. Then fill it with water, add a little salt and leave for a few hours. As a result, the cereal will swell and cook much faster;
- To prevent the dish from getting too greasy, use pink meat without veins. Cut the lamb into medium-sized cubes. Chop the peeled carrots into strips, and chop the onions into thin rings;
- In a cauldron, melt the bacon, which should be cut into thin strips. Stir constantly until the fat is completely melted. If you are using homemade oil, first fry the onion in it until black and discard. This procedure will get rid of the unpleasant odor;
- Fry the onion in fat until golden brown, transfer it to another plate and cook the lamb in a cauldron. Fry on both sides, then add the carrots and continue browning. Then add the prepared onion;
- It's time to add the cumin, crushed coriander and barberry. Add pepper and chopped hot peppers;
- Mix everything well, add a couple of cloves of garlic and pour in water, which should completely cover the vegetables for a couple of fingers. Do not pour in a lot of liquid, as the pilaf will be too sticky. Season with salt to taste. Simmer for 40-60 minutes. over low heat;
- When the meat is tender and the liquid has almost completely boiled away, you can add devriza rice. Rinse it again, drain all the liquid and put it on the meat. You don't need to stir anything. Smooth the surface, insert the heads of garlic and pour inwater so that it covers the food by 1.5 cm. The last minutes need to be cooked over high heat. Gently spread the cereal with a spoon and see if the liquid has evaporated. In the next step, cover everything on top with a bowl and leave for half an hour. Then mix everything well and put on a dish. Decorate with herbs and pomegranate seeds.
If you want to cook dietary Fergana pilaf in a cauldron, then replace fatty lamb with beef, veal, or, in extreme cases, chicken fillet. Include olive oil instead of lard. As for spices, in no case use ready-made mixtures, since they contain harmful seasonings. Use more vegetables in your recipes.
Fergana pilaf with raisins
Thanks to the use of dried fruits, the dish turns out to be spicy and sweeter. To reduce calories, replace lamb with beef. Be sure to prepare this dish for your next dinner.
For this Fergana dish, prepare the following products : 650 g of beef, 600 g of rice, 160 g of fat tail fat, 1 tbsp ... spoon of cumin, 450 g of carrots, a couple of heads of garlic, 65 g of raisins, 225 g of onion, 3 teaspoons of barberry, salt, 10 g of ground coriander, hot pepper to taste.
Step-by-step instructions :
- Rinse the rice well to keep the liquid clear. Place it in a colander and let sit for 15 minutes to remove all liquid. By the way, if you haven't found the cereal you need, then use regular long grain rice. Soak the cereals in warm salted water and leave for 3-5 hours;
- Take a saucepan with a thick bottom and fry the chopped onions in fat tail fat, stirring constantly. Cut the beef into small pieces and the carrots into thin strips. When the onion is golden brown, transfer it to a separate container;
- Place the meat and fry on both sides until golden brown. Send carrots, onions, cumin, barberry and other spices there. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly;
- After half an hour, pour in boiled water so that the level is two fingers higher. When the liquid boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and extinguish for an hour. It is important that all the water evaporates;
- Wash the raisins and soak them in warm water. Leave it on for a while and then rinse it several times. Pat dry dried fruit with napkins;
- When the meat is tender, add the raisins, washed rice and put in the garlic heads. It is important not to mix the cooking ingredients. Pour in boiling water so that it covers the cereal by 1.5 cm. Cook over high heat until liquid evaporates. Then add chopped peppers to taste, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Stir the dish before serving.
Fergana pilaf with chickpeas
One of the most popular variations of this dish. Chickpeas make pilaf more satisfying, while adding an original note. The cooking process is similar to the previous one.and, but still has its own nuances.
To cook Fergana pilaf, you need to take the following components : 1 kg of rice and carrots, 4 onions, 90 g fat tail fat, 325 g of vegetable oil, 900 g of beef, 2 garlic heads, 2 hot pepper pods, 115 g of chickpeas, 1.5 teaspoons of cumin, 2.5 tbsp. tablespoons of raisins, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of barberry and spices.
Step-by-step instructions :
- Start with chickpeas and rice. So, rinse the cereals and soak for 9-12 hours. Peel the vegetables: cut the carrots into strips, and cut the onions into half rings. Cut the meat into small cubes;
- Melt the bacon in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and place the greaves on a separate plate. Add oil and, keeping the heat high, sauté half the onion. When it becomes golden brown, remove it with a slotted spoon;
- Add seeds to a saucepan and fry until golden brown. Add the remaining onion and remove the used bones. Add pieces of prepared pulp and stir. The next step by step is the addition of carrots and chickpeas. Pour in water so that its level is above the food by a couple of centimeters. Add the seeds, raisins, barberries, chunks of pepper, and the heads of garlic. Reduce fire to a minimum. It takes 60 minutes to prepare the sauce;
- After the time, remove the bones, add the rice and tamp it down with a spoon. Pour in water so that its level is above the cereal. When the liquid has evaporated, cover the pilaf with a bowl and close the joints with a clean towel. The running time is half an hour.
Whichever recipe you choose from the proposed options, the dish will turn out to be very tasty, juicy and aromatic.