Fish and rice in the oven is a delicious dish for the whole family
Fish and rice in the oven is a great dish for the whole family for lunch and even dinner. You won't gain excess weight from such a meal, of course, if you don't pour all sorts of sauces on the finished dish. After all, it is prepared without adding unnecessary fat, and it is useful for children to feast on fish.
Recipe for cooking fish stuffed with rice and baked in the oven
There are options for cooking baked fish many, some recipes are simply amazing in their scope and complexity of execution. But not all housewives can repeat some unusual method in their kitchen, so you need to start with a simple one. To do this, consider a recipe that even girls with little experience in cooking can recreate.
For cooking you need:
- Whole fish carcass of your choice, weighing 1–1.5 kg;
- rice - 300 g (may vary depending on the number of people);
- large head of onion;
- mayonnaise or sour cream;
- spices and salt of your choice.
To make your baked fish tasty and juicy, follow these instructions:
- Peel and rinse the fish thoroughly. Make longitudinal cuts on the carcass, and then rub with your favorite spices. You can use a little citric acid, it will "eat away" small bones. Put the fish on a baking sheet;
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and boil in salted water until half cooked;
- Remove the husk from the onion, finely chop and fry;
- Mix the rice with onions, add salt and pepper to them. Stuff the fish with the resulting mixture. If all the rice and onions do not fit, you can distribute the products on a baking dish;
- Thoroughly grease the fish with sour cream or mayonnaise and you can send it to cook for 60 minutes at 180 degrees.
In an hour, the stuffed fish will be ready, you can serve it with fresh vegetables and pickles. By the way, in this recipe the dish may not just be baked, but at the same time be in tightly wrapped foil.
Recipe for cooking fish fillets with rice in the oven
Let's consider another option for cooking fish in the oven.
For the dish you will need:
Let's talk step by step the process of cooking fish with rice:
- Remove the husk from the onion and chop it as finely as possible;
- Wash the carrots, peel and chop on a shredder;
- Add 2 tablespoons to a hot skillet. l. oil and fry the carrots and onions until a beautiful golden hue. Cooking time is about 10 minutes;
- Take a baking sheet with high sides and grease it with 1 tbsp. l. vegetable oil. Place the pre-washed rice on it;
- Wash the fillet of the selected fish, cut into large pieces and spread over the rice. Add salt and spices to your dish to your taste;
- Put the fried vegetables on the fish: onions and carrots;
- If you are going to use fresh herbs in the dish, then it's time to add them. To do this, rinse the plants and chop very finely. Sprinkle the dish with herbs;
- Dissolve the sour cream in boiling water, add salt and spices to taste and pour the resulting mixture over the rice and fish;
- Cover the baking sheet with foil on top so that there are no holes , otherwise the liquid will evaporate, and the fillet of cod or any other selected fish will turn out to be dry and hardly edible;
- Send the dish to the oven, preheated to 200 degrees for 40 minutes.
It is recommended to serve the finished dish hot, you can supplement it with a plate of fresh vegetables and bread.
Recipe for cooking fish in the oven with rice and vegetables
Consider more one option for cooking fish with vegetables and adding cheese.
The dish requires the following ingredients:
- red fish (preferably taken in one piece) - 500-700 g;
- rice - 250 g;
- large carrots, large onions, tomatoes - each 1 pc .;
- hard cheese - grated 1.5 cups;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 3 tbsp. l .;
- fresh dill or parsley;
- favorite seasonings, salt.
The sequence of creating this culinary the masterpiece is as follows:
- Wash the fish, remove the skin and excess bones from it, salt and roll in your favorite spices. Put the prepared piece on a baking sheet, lightly greased with butter, if you want, you can cut the fish, but this is not necessary;
- Boil the rice in salted water, put it in a colander, let the excess liquid drain. Spread the dried cereal evenly over the fish;
- Put mayonnaise or sour cream in a separate bowl, add chopped onions and grated carrots. Mix everything carefully. Spread the resulting sauce over a layer of rice;
- Sprinkle everything with cheese on top;
- Wash the tomato, cut into thin rings and spread over the cheese;
- Place the dish in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes, then remove the baking sheet and sprinkle the dish with chopped herbs. Then let the fish steep for another 15 minutes in the oven.
After that, you can serve the food to the table. By the way, some housewives call this dish a casserole with fish and rice in the oven. This name is not devoid of logic, because thanks to the cheese crust, a real tasty and juicy casserole is obtained.
As you can see, the recipes are varied. Fish with rice in the oven can be cooked in foil, simply on a baking sheet, or in some other way known only to the hostess who creates this dish.
None of this really matters , the main thing is that "at the exit" it turns out an edible meal. Cook for your loved ones, do not be afraid of culinary experiments. Bon appetit!