Fried rabbit recipes
Fried rabbit meat in taste not inferior to the pork and the composition is richer than chicken. Refers to a variety of white meat, it contains more than nineteen amino acids.
Use deli meat
In the muscle tissue of the rabbit a lot of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and potassium. Of the vitamins included in the composition of rabbit meat, it is possible to allocate ascorbic acid, pyridoxine, and vitamins B12 and PP. Fat rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids and is often used as a therapeutic agent. Beneficial effects on the body have components fat bronchitis, severe coughs, tuberculosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, intestines, liver, atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases.
Thanks to low calorie (170 calories per 100 grams) it is considered a dietary product and is suitable for consumption by infants and elderly people suffering from Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, or hypertension.
The average weight of an adult rabbit reaches four or five pounds. Young individuals weigh from two and a half to three.
How to cook rabbit
Considering meat is very tender and almost no fat. So while cooking is to use different preservatives to improve the taste and apply the pickling that will ensure the juiciness of the finished dish. The time of thermal treatment of rabbit carcasses in the pan takes no more than fifteen minutes. And in the oven bringing meat to the ready state takes half an hour, with a maximum of forty minutes.
As a side dish often served rice, potatoes, fresh vegetables and sauces made from sour cream with addition of wine. Meat product versatile in cooking. It can be broiled, fried, baked or boiled. Before cooking is to soak the rabbit in white wine, kefir, whey, or water with vinegar, soy sauce and spices.
The most popular recipe of cooking meat roast rabbit includes the use of sour cream.
For marinade you need:
- Bay leaf;
- black, white and red peppers, including paprika;
- dill, parsley, thyme, celery, cloves, Basil, oregano.
Cooks recommend cooking the rabbits, pre-dividing the carcass into two parts. Drumsticks are ideal for roasting, and the front paws it is best to braise.
Preparation of rabbit carcasses in the pan
Fried rabbit in the pan to cook faster, so is ideal for people with limited time to spare. The dish will be tasty and not require much effort and significant costs. For its preparation you will need:
- rabbit (from two to three pounds);
- butter (50 grams);
- white wine (2 glasses);
- olive oil (six tablespoons);
- various spices (garlic, pepper and herbs to taste);
- soy sauce (2 tablespoons).
The technology of preparation is simple:
- The carcass should be thoroughly cleaned, to separate the loin and cut it into small pieces;
- In a frying pan, pour olive butter and soy sauce. Then bring to the boil, add the herbs and chopped garlic;
- Pieces of meat should be placed in the pan and fry it until Golden brown;
- When the pink chunks are white and slightly browned in the pan you need to add the wine and cook for thirty minutes on low heat to evaporate most of liquid.
The dish is ready to eat, you can serve it with a garnish or fresh vegetables, garnished with a sprig of rosemary in hot.
For piquant taste, you can add to the recipe black olives with pit, capers, onions and lemon juice. In this case the cooking process will look as follows:
- Rabbit cut into portions (only part of the loin, with bone);
- In a well-heated frying pan you should pour vegetable oil and add some butter;
- Fry the pieces on all sides until Golden brown;
- Onion, garlic should coarsely chop and add to meat;
- After the meat with the seasonings a little fried, add to them the wine, salt, spices and freshly squeezed lemon juice. As a wine, in this case suitable for both white and red varieties;
- The cooking process lasts about 45 minutes, then you need to add to the almost finished dish of olives and capers. After 10 minutes the meat is fried rabbit will be ready.
Cooking roasted rabbit in the oven
In the middle ages rabbit meat was considered the food of the aristocrats. Allow yourself to eat a gentle diet product could either cunning hunters, hiding in the noble lands, or members of noble families. Since that time until we reached the classic recipe of fried rabbit meat in the oven.
Today to enjoy the rabbit, but instead of the old furnace is to use a modern oven. During roasting of minerals and vitamins are preserved in full, and the taste of the meat is very tender and rich.
In order that the cooking took less time, you must first soak meat in the marinade. The best recipes for baking include vegetable pillow.
You should prepare the ingredients:
- Rabbit (medium size);
- Carrot (2 pieces);
- Potatoes (6-10 PCs of medium size);
- Onions (2 pieces);
- Spices: pepper, garlic and other taste;
- Butter (70 grams);
- Salt (to taste, but not less than one teaspoon).
The process of cooking the following:
- Rabbit meat chopped into separate pieces and marinate for one hour. For marinade suitable red or white wine, vinegar, water, soy sauce, sour cream or yogurt;
- Onions and carrots should be cut into half rings. Potatoes cut like French fries cooking;
- In a preheated frying pan you need to put butter, in which fry until Golden brown the meat pieces;
- The rabbit should add onions and carrots, then fry over high heat for five to seven minutes;
- Lay the prepared food from the frying pan into a baking dish along with put juice. The edge of the form should be carefully Packed;
- In the oven the temperature should be not less than 190°C. cooking Time is about 30-40 minutes;
- While the meat is baked, potatoes should be put on the pan, salt it and fry on the fire until the crust;
The resulting dish is served hot with potatoes.
In the classic version of Berlin are preparing the hare. Because of Germany's cold climate, stuffed roast hare additionally the fat and bacon and foie Gras. To prepare you need the following products:
- The hare or rabbit (not more than 2 kg);
- Carrot (1 piece);
- Onions (one or two follicles);
- Goose liver (100 grams);
- Fat or lard (200 grams);
- Pork or goose fat (100 grams);
- Sour cream (0.5 kg);
- Sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste;
To prepare the dish just enough. For this you need to do the following manipulation:
- The carcass should wash, gut and cut into large pieces;
- In meat you need to make a small hole with a knife and lard them with fat. This will make the taste of fried foods more tender and delicate;
- In a pre heated oven you want to send prepared foods along with fried in a pan with carrots and onions;
- Sauce prepared on open fire. In the remaining after frying the broth is added sour cream, spices, lemon juice, and then the liquid is brought to the boil;
- The sauce added chopped apples and goose liver.
At the time of filing roasted rabbit smeared with sauce and served with braised cabbage and boiled potatoes.
In a slow cooker and rotisserie
Cooking fried rabbit in a slow cooker is a little different from the standard procedure. The only difference is that all the products are laid at a time and fold into the dry bowl of the multicooker. Instead of water you can use the melted fat. In a slow cooker you should choose the program "quenching" or "rice, buckwheat, pilaf, porridge". In this case, the oil will boil slowly and the roasted meat is juicy. The cooking time takes up to two hours. After cooking, the fat should be drained into a jar, and the remaining ingredients translate into "baking" or "roasting" for 10 minutes to purchase rabbit fried Golden brown.
Rotisserie carcass is cooked whole. It should be pre-marinated. Meat should be roasted in a strong fire for two hours. So as not to overdry the fried rabbit, the carcass must be constantly watered marinade.
As you can see – nothing complicated, don't be afraid to experiment, and you will succeed!