How to clean the ears: tips and guidelines
Into ears constantly accumulates sulfur – special secret. When moving the temporomandibular joint the secret is expelled from the ear canal. Thus, the body itself is cleared. However, to clean the entire he needs help.
How to clean the ears: basic rules for regular cleaning
Even a person who is always observing the rules of hygiene, often makes mistakes when cleaning the ear canal. For example, it is considered that need as deeply as possible, almost to the tympanic membrane to penetrate into the passage with a cotton swab during the procedure.
In fact, sulfur is produced to protect the canal from inflammation and minor injuries. Trying to spend "quality" cleaning, people irritate the skin of the passage and reduces its protection.
Therefore, the allocation of sulfur may become more intense or, conversely, to decline. If the increase in the volume of daily generated secret leads to the need to frequently handle the ears, its deficiency causes discomfort, itching and dryness.
The ear canal has a rather narrow isthmus. Q-tip easily pushes him sulphur mass, resulting in a tube. Compressed sulfur significantly reduces the hearing. In addition, there is a risk of damaging the eardrum or the ossicles with the deep cleaning.
If a person has a marked tendency to periodic accumulation of secretions and pressing, every six months to see an otolaryngologist for removal of the tube. Disregard for procedure leads to health deterioration: the decline of auditory function, ear infections, bedsores external auditory passage.
It is not recommended to try to extract the cork. Simple procedure, performed by an experienced physician, take a few minutes. At home trying to wash the tube can lead to inflammation.
Another common mistake is the habit of spending the procedure using hydrogen peroxide. This solution is only recommended as a prophylactic agent to prevent the corks or treatment of, for example, from sepsis.
In this case, the solution is buried in the region of the ear canal. Frequent use of peroxide can not, because there is irritation of the delicate mucous membrane.
How to clean the ears of sulfur adult
That the procedure was effective and did not lead to unpleasant consequences, it is sufficient to clean only the ear and the beginning of the external auditory canal.
It is advisable to do this during the morning washing your face or taking a shower:
- You need to soap your finger and hold it on the outer parts of the ear;
- Washing the finger, the procedure is repeated, removing the skin with a soap solution;
- Another method of removing soap – pour into the ear a little water and lightly shake my head, tilting it to the side so that water poured out;
- If it is difficult to get rid of the habit to dig in the ear with a cotton swab, you need to remember to clean the passage, inserting the stick no deeper than 0.5 cm from the beginning of the passage.
Unlike an adult, the child needs help in carrying out hygienic procedures. Therefore, you should know how to do them correctly.
How to clean the ears of the newborn: a step by step guide
Usual adult cotton swabs should not be used for hygiene of a baby's ears. If the mother does not know how to clean infant ears, do not experiment, using recipes intended for medical procedures. Warm boiled water and cotton wicks.
The newborn did not happen until the final formation of the tympanic membrane. So it is very easy to damage cotton swab.
Of course, baby, you need to clean the ears regularly, by doing this very carefully:
- Purification is carried out about once a week. This is enough to hold the passage and the ear is clean. Treated during the procedure, the sink itself and the beginning of the auditory canal;
- You can use special sticks stops when the child is a little older. These sticks are considered safe, as they penetrate shallowly;
- The procedure is generally performed after bathing the baby. It is much easier, since the lugs caught the water softened sulphur mass;
- Flagellum gently clean the outer part of the shell and the beginning of the passage. If the procedure is executed after the bath, dry the flagellum. If the baby is not bathed, it is recommended to moisten the sterile cotton wool in boiled water;
- Newborn, as an adult, it is impossible to clean the ears deep as sulfuric secret is a kind of barrier that protects the auditory system against the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms;
- In the case of anxiety the baby and concentrations of sulfur, you must contact Laura. The doctor will examine the baby and tell you how to clean baby ears in inflammatory processes. To visit Laura to use their own medications is impossible.
How to clean ears with hydrogen peroxide the older child, the tendency to form tubes, also tell the doctor after removal of the accumulated sulfur. As a rule, in this case shows at most 3 times within a month to dig into the passage to 5 drops of 3% solution.
However, to resort to this method should not be alone, as the peroxide dosage and treatment frequency are directly related to the age of the baby.
Such a procedure as cleaning the ears, should be carried out regularly. The appearance of discomfort, noise and hearing loss need to see a specialist who will help to get rid of unpleasant condition and advise what preventive measures should be used to prevent accumulation of sulfur.