How to cook frozen scallops?
Scallops meat is very tender, so when cooking it should be handled very delicately. Despite the fact that it may be cooked fairly quickly, many gourmets prefer to eat fresh shellfish raw. To the shops scallops come in canned or frozen form. Before cooking frozen scallops must be thawed at room temperature and to proceed immediately to treatment. The product can be used as an ingredient for recipes of soups, pizzas, second dishes, salads, and sushi. The seafood blends perfectly with the cream sauce, olive oil, lemon, olives, black beans, garlic and other seafood.
Useful properties of sea scallop
Scallops are rich in micronutrients, amino acids and vitamins. They also contain the following elements:
- cobalt and other.
Shellfish also contain vitamin B12, taking an active part in the formation of nerve sheaths. The amount of iodine they are superior to beef, but they are digested much easier than meat.
In sea scallops valued not only meat, but also egg-bearing bag. It is enriched with zinc, Pantothenic acid and Riboflavin. In the summer, in June and in July, lovers of seafood have the opportunity to eat scallops with caviar, finding the period of their spawning.
In molluscs are virtually absent fats and carbohydrates. As for the calories, then 100 grams of meat of scallops contain only 92 calories.
Seafood is not only useful for the normalization of the nervous system, but also to reduce the content of cholesterol in the blood, stabilize blood circulation, improve brain activity and treatment of atherosclerosis. The use of molluscs as food is an excellent prevention of heart attack and stroke, has a positive effect on male potency.
Scallops with parsley
- scallops — 6 PCs.;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- chopped parsley — 1 tbsp. spoon;
- olive oil — 2 tbsp. spoon;
- lemon juice — 1 tbsp.
- Rinse the clams under cold water and gently Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Connect chopped parsley, olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Soak in the resulting sauce scallops meat and send them for a half hour in the fridge.
- Put a frying pan on a high heat and preheat. Reduce heat to simmer, sear seafood on both sides (2 minutes on each side).
- The finished dish sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
Sea scallops with ginger
- scallops — 6-8 pieces;
- a clove of garlic;
- a strip of ginger 2-3 cm in width;
- olive oil — 1 tbsp. spoon;
- balsamic vinegar — 4 tbsp. spoons;
- bunch fresh cilantro;
- a handful of arugula leaves.
The sequence of preparation:
- Cilantro should finely chop.
- Next, crush the garlic and finely chop the ginger.
- In a well heated pan for a minute, fry the garlic and ginger in olive oil.
- Add scallops meat, fry them on both sides, 2 minutes on each side.
- Add chopped cilantro and balsamic vinegar, stirring continuously one minute.
- Serve the finished scallops on the arugula leaves.
Rice with scallops
- rice — 400 gr.;
- scallops in shells — 500 gr.;
- raw prawns — 500 gr.;
- the fish 600 gr.;
- 2 tomato;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- 2 bulbs;
- bunch fresh cilantro;
- olive oil — 100 ml;
- white wine — 100 ml;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Stages of preparation:
- Scallops in the shells should be lowered for several hours in salted water. This way you will be able to wash them from all the sand.
- Fish cleaned, cut into uniform pieces and add to the bowl with cold water.
- Shrimp need to clean and cook. In the same water, boil the shellfish in the shells, then peel. Water do not drain.
- Rinse the tomatoes with boiling water, so it will be easier to remove their skins, then peel from the kernels and finely chop.
- Chop the garlic and onion.
- In a clean saucepan, heat olive oil, it should fry the onions and garlic. Then pour the white wine and add the tomatoes, fish, rice, and pour broth from the seafood.
- When the rice is ready, add salt, pepper, cilantro. If necessary, add a little more broth and seafood.
What you need to know to properly choose, store and cook scallops. Take a look at the highlights and details:
- Shellfish is sold in two versions – either with a sink or clean meat. Fresh quality shellfish is the smell of the sea; the color should be grayish or pinkish-creamy; meat has the shape of a column.
- If you choose large scallops, keep in mind that they are older and contain fewer nutrients.
- If you prefer to eat the scallops raw, they must be alive and not frozen. Pay attention to the fact that the shellfish is removed from the water must be covered or they fold closed when you tap them with your finger, only such products can be eaten raw.
- Do not use defrosting scallops hot water and a microwave oven. Once the scallops are thawed, immediately begin to cook.
- Frozen scallops can be stored longer than three months in the freezer.
- If you bought fresh seafood, then store them in a container with ice in the refrigerator, the shelf life is not longer than three days.
- No matter which recipe you choose, don't use a lot of spices, they can obscure the delicate flavor of the meat.
Contraindications to the use of scallops
There are conditions and illnesses that it is advisable to refrain from eating shellfish. They are few, but they need to know:
- individual intolerance to seafood;
- lactation (due to potential allergic reactions).
No matter how you cook scallops – boiled, fried or stewed, they will always be a delicate decoration for your Desk. They are often prepared with the addition of a creamy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and other culinary delights, making the dish even more tasty and aromatic. Experiment and enjoy!