How to cook liver in milk
Liver is a useful product that is used to prepare many dishes. It is worth noting that this offal requires special preparation to get rid of bitterness and unpleasant aroma. Milk is ideal for this purpose.
How to soak the liver
Soaking in milk is an obligatory step in the preparation.
First, the beef liver must be thoroughly washed in running water to remove all bile, and then cut out the ducts that could impair the taste.
Then put the offal in a deep container and pour over the milk so that the product is completely it is covered with liquid.
There is no difference between soaking a whole piece or individual pieces.
The duration of the procedure depends on how old the animal was and how long the product was stored. It is best to soak for 2-3 hours. After the offal, dry it with paper towels.
Fried beef liver in milk
- 0.5 kg beef liver,
- 125 ml cream,
- 55 g sour cream,
- 15 g flour,
- 75 g butter,
- salt and pepper.
< span class = "strong"> We will cook like this:
- first soak the offal in milk, as described above;
- melt the butter over low heat and lay out the liver, pre-cut into pieces;
- when the color changes, add the onion, which must be pre-chopped in half rings. Add salt and fry for 4 minutes;
- after the time has elapsed, add flour and fry for another minute;
- all that remains is to add sour cream and cream. Mix everything well, add a little pepper and simmer everything for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Beef liver stewed in milk
At the very beginning, the offal should be cleaned of films and streaks, and then soaked for an hour.
- 0.5 kg liver,
- 300 ml milk,
- a couple of cloves of garlic,
- 2 onions,
- sour cream,
- vegetable oil,
- flour ,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- the soaked liver must be cut into equal pieces, the thickness of which should be 0.5 cm;
- cut the peeled onion into half rings;
- Put some flour in a saucer and heat oil in a skillet. Dip each piece in flour, then send them to the skillet and fry for 2 minutes on each side;
- Send onions to the skillet and fry still a few minutes;
- Now pour in the milk that remains after soaking, it is important that the level covers the contents of the pan. If not, add water. Simmer for 5 minutes, but do not forget to stir occasionally;
- in a separate container, mix sour cream with 1 teaspoon of flour, and pour in some cold water. It is important to mix everything well so that there are no lumps. Pour the resulting sour cream sauce into the pan;
- cover lid and simmer for another 3 minutes. Then add chopped garlic. Serve with chopped herbs.
Chicken liver in milk in a slow cooker
Thanks to the use of technology, the dish is prepared simply and quickly. You do not need to steep this offal.
- 0.5 kg liver,
- 1 tbsp. milk,
- large onion,
- 10 g butter,
- salt, pepper and some nutmeg.
< span class = "strong"> Cooking steps:
- Rinse the offal in running water, dry, remove excess fat, and then cut each piece into halves.
- Cut the peeled onion into small cubes.
- Put butter in the multicooker bowl and select the "Fry" mode , but if there is no such program, then "Baking". Place the onion and stir-fry until golden brown. This process usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Put in the liver, pour in milk and add salt, pepper and nutmeg. After boiling, close the lid and select "Steam" . Cooking time - 15 minutes. As a result, the liquid should evaporate and only a thick sauce remain.
Liver with vegetables in milk
Thanks to this recipe, a complete dish is obtained that does not requires a side dish as vegetables are used. If you wish, you can supplement the composition of the products, for example, you can take a very useful type of cabbage - broccoli.
- 0.5 kg liver,
- 55 g butter,
- 400 ml milk,
- 4 medium potatoes,
- a bunch of parsley,
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 75 g of hard cheese,
- a mixture of peppers and salt.
- < li> Cut the liver into pieces and cover with milk for half an hour.
Liver in royal milk
The trick of this recipe is the edible "lid" .
- 700 g liver, < li> 150 g puff pastry,
- Prepare the offal by removing the films and soaking it in milk for half an hour.
- Cut it into pieces, then dip it in whipped with salt and pepper egg. After that, roll well in flour on all sides. Place the slices in a frying pan, where you need to warm up the oil well, and fry on each side for 2 minutes.
- Cut the peeled onions into half rings. Take a pot and lay out the liver and onion in layers, adding salt and pepper. Pour in milk at the end.
- To make an edible "lid" , roll out the dough and place it on top of a neck, brush the edges of which with the remaining egg. Pinch the edges and also coat with an egg to add a blush to the baked goods. Put the pot in the oven and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
All the recipes presented will allow you to quickly and effortlessly prepare a delicious dish. Knowing how to properly soak the ingredient, it will be possible to prepare the offal for other dishes. Enjoy!