How to help your child to adapt to school
Bringing your child in first grade, many parents think about the question — how to relieve him of the device, prevent strain and help to integrate into the learning process. We offer you tips on how to improve the psychological adaptation of the child to the school.
Adaptation to school: how to reduce stress from teaching load
Initially, all first-graders can't cope with the lessons, and no wonder, because they bear a new responsibility, which and home, and sudakovym children were unfamiliar.
Despite the fact that the academic performance of first-graders depends on the preschool, you are now even more depends on whether the child to experience the confusion and embarrassment in the classroom or normally comes off the track now regular homework.
It is imperative that the child was confident in his own abilities, and here he will need your help in the preparation of lessons at home:
- do your homework together, suggest how best to organize what to do first, how to allocate time for each subject;
- check the quality of assignments — whether neat recipe learned whether the poem if counting material, notebooks and textbooks;
- help your first grader to focus — even during his homework will be a suitable psychological atmosphere, also direct his actions, call to be attentive, learn not to be distracted;
- you can instill a love of reading, read books together at school and just loved — it develops perseverance, imagination, speech and vocabulary;
- together prepare your portfolio for tomorrow, teach the kid to assemble, quickly and carefully.
These parental responsibilities will not be for you so hard, but baby it will give strength and make each day at school comfortable.
Prepare your first grader for classes
The difficulties of adaptation of first-graders to school, there have been those who have not received training previously. Is it possible to catch up lost time and pull your children if you feel that they do not have school skills? The answer is definitely possible.
Moreover, it is not only a tutor with a pedagogical education, even the parents, to the little pay attention to preschool education (for a variety of reasons this happens, is not a tragedy), it will fill in the gaps.
Helping to do homework, make sure their training was most similar to class — exercise for 45 minutes with breaks every 10 minutes, to sit straight as at a Desk, ask for a serious relationship, like you're in a classroom with a teacher. Just do not fold stick just help your child to develop skills in the classroom.
Discuss briefly the main problems of unprepared students and how to overcome them:
- The student was not paying attention. This weakness of auditory perception, and train it if you read the texts from the textbook aloud, stopping after 2 or 3 sentences and ask child to repeat your words heard. Over time, gradually increase the amount of text — from half a page to 1.5-2 pages of interesting text, ask clarifying questions, include the imagination of the baby, help him understand heard;
- Not given a letter. There may be two problems — a weak motor finger (he just finds it difficult to take all these endless squiggles!) and feature your child (left-handed, agile or digger). Motor skills develop careful study of the formulations (buy the second notebook, in addition to working, for extra practice), modeling from plasticine, gymnastics for fingers. Left-handed people to retrain is not recommended! Too active kid gets bored, he gets distracted — and you do often the physical flexing, and let not only writes but also paints, draws. The slowness is overcome difficult, try to train him with a stopwatch in the form of a game — compete, encourage, more praise, saying, here is how the quick and beautifully written, well done!
- It's hard learning to count. Sometimes a first grader for a long time does not master account, the principle of mathematics.
See where the crux of the problem:
- poorly recognized numbers;
- lazy and calls the answer puzzles at random;
- poorly understood consistent account.
How your student will be able to understand mathematical principles, time will tell — it will depend on his natural aptitude and skill of the teachers. But firmly to learn numbers, to accurately count the squirrels, sticks, dots, etc. — to teach it to you.
And be sure to encourage your child to count. You will help math poems-rhymes, riddles with numbers, as well as our usual household situation — to count the items on the table, shopping in the supermarket cart, the main thing is to convey to the child that not be considered boring, but useful and fun.
Psychological and educational aspects
Features of adaptation of first-graders to school does not end at the training points. Internal readiness to attend classes — the key to successful psychological adaptation of first-graders to school.
First, about the entire first quarter, the first graders physically rebuilt it — new mode of the day, the need to sit through lessons at the Desk and so on. Much more time is required to get inside, because the novice is subjected to various tests.
The fear of being without parents. Every fifth grader is experiencing the shock of what remains on the lessons with other people people — classmates and teachers, without the ability on a moment's notice to move in the classroom, out of class, and most importantly — to see my mom, dad or grandma.
This is not coward and are hiding under the skirt of his mother, just talking like a defense mechanism against the new situation — want to get home to mom! What to do if your child is scared of school and doesn't want to go to class? You don't need harsh criticism, and lots of warmth and understanding.
Don't be rigid, often assure your son or daughter for their love and support, try to downplay his fears, and to constantly praise achievements. So the stage of maturation and adaptation of the child in school will be less painful, fears will gradually disappear, will have confidence and perhaps enjoy the process of learning and communicating with school friends.
Rebellious mood. The aggression of the baby can cause any emotion to which he's ready — from the shame chalkboard to broken adsoprtion case. If you notice that your child returns with lessons angry, does not want to tell what it is, and the teachers get bad news about his fights, tears or different tricks, it means that the child is in a difficult educational stages.
You requires attentiveness and a positive attitude:
- patiently explain these or other school rules, encourage compliance, explain what good schooling will bring in the future, and do it in an accessible form, in simple words;
- disseminate child responsibility not only for school, but also household chores;
- daily discuss together what we liked in the classroom, to the annoyance or upset, and give advice in a friendly, welcoming form;
- do not strain your son or daughter constant moralizing, but monitor their progress and, if necessary, connect using;
- calm first-grader, if he's depressed, find encouraging words, help to be easier to fail — you will love your child no matter what.
For successful adaptation in school of migrant children is also important cultural moments. The extra effort parents need to make in order to explain to children difficult for them to understand points: what are the new rules of conduct, why they were accustomed to the manners of the other children and the teachers do not perceive as the norm, as is better to behave and respond so as not to cause me to mistrust and misunderstanding of his classmates.
Important role in the socialization of migrants in a new school will of course play, the professionalism of the class teacher and other teachers, so parents need to keep in constant contact with them and discuss the problem of the child, as soon as they emerged.
Faith in parent support works wonders with any difficulties, and the first of these difficulties can be overcome, give him your confidence and peace of mind — and all will be well!