How to marinate chicken for barbecue: quick and delicious recipes
Chicken kebab is cooked faster than any other meat. It turns out very tasty and tender, but only if the meat is properly marinated.
Note that the wings, fillets and drumsticks can be marinated in different ways. In the end the chicken will have several different creative dishes.
How to marinate chicken for barbecue in mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is the most common ingredient for cooking kebabs of chicken. The meat is marinated in it quickly due to the presence in a sauce of mustard and vinegar. With it you can marinate the fillet, ham, drumsticks, and wings. Most importantly – add to the mayonnaise the required components. Marinated the meat about one hour.
- chicken meat (you can take all the pieces) – 1 kg;
- the fat mayonnaise – 150 gr.;
- spices for chicken – teaspoon;
- turmeric – half a teaspoon;
- black pepper – half a teaspoon;
- spicy mustard – tablespoon;
- salt to taste.
- Meat is thoroughly mixed with all ingredients.
- Leave at least an hour in a sealed container.
- Preparing skewers of chicken on skewers or grill. Readiness is checked with a toothpick. Remember that for roasting legs and hams take a little more time. Because to remove them from their fire a bit later than the fillets and the wings.
How to marinate chicken wings for barbecue
Wings – very tasty part of the chicken carcass. Many underestimate them because of the small amount of meat. But if properly marinated wings, shish kebab is unbeatable. Besides, it is pretty fast compared to other chicken meat.
They can be cooked whole, and can be cut in half, then they get cooked through faster. Many prefer the second method of preparation, as a small part of the carcass after roasting more flavorful and tender.
- large chicken wings – kilogram;
- soy sauce – 100 ml;
- honey, better fluid, 15-20 ml;
- the mixture of peppers – half a teaspoon;
- balsamic vinegar – 30 ml;
- garlic – a few teeth;
- spicy mustard – 20 gr.;
- chicken seasoning – teaspoon without slides;
- the refined oil – 30 ml;
- salt to taste.
- Honey, soy sauce, mustard, finely chopped garlic, vinegar, mustard and vegetable oil is thoroughly mixed.
- The meat should be salt and add black pepper. Leave for half an hour in a cool place. So the meat will release the juice and soaked aroma of black pepper.
- Then the wings mixed with the marinade and left for another hour in a cool place.
- Roasting will require 20-10 minutes depending on temperature of coals and size of the wings. In the cooking process they will acquire a nice darker shade.
How to marinate a chicken drumstick kebab
Tibia is one of the toughest parts of the chicken carcass, because you should choose to prepare the young meat. In addition, it should be properly marinated in a special way. The marinade should have a good soak chicken meat in the process of roasting it turned out tender, juicy and flavorful. This is the best beer marinade by adding soy sauce and onions.
How to marinate a chicken drumstick kebab
- chicken leg quarters – 1,5 kg;
- 1 large onion;
- dark beer – 300 ml;
- soy sauce – 50 ml;
- black pepper;
- spices for chicken;
- sugar – 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon;
- ketchup for barbecue – 100 gr.;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- fresh Basil – couple of sprigs.
- The meat should be rubbed with salt, black pepper, crushed garlic and finely chopped Basil, leave for about half an hour in the fridge. During this time the meat is impregnated with the aroma of garlic and Basil and a little salted.
- Onion peel and mince.
- Ground onion mixed with the remaining ingredients and added to meat. Drumsticks with the marinade you need to mix well and leave for a couple of hours in a cool place.
- Drumsticks are roasted over the coals about a half hour. That the meat is ready, it will be to witness skin, detached from lower parts of the bone.
How to marinate chicken for kebabs in yogurt
Yogurt is also well suited as a main component for the marinade chicken kebab. But in yogurt it is best to cook the fillets. In this recipe there is one caveat: you should cook the fillet on the bone, skin thus it is better to remove. The breast is cut into small portions. Kefir is better to take fat.
In addition it will come in handy the following ingredients:
- two chicken Breasts on the bone;
- kefir – 0,5 l;
- a large onion;
- turmeric 0.5 teaspoon;
- black pepper;
- fresh Basil.
- The breast should be cut and rubbed with salt, turmeric and black pepper.
- Onion – peel and cut into half rings. Then mash well with hands to let the onion juice. All this is shifted to the meat and mixed again. Leave for 10-20 minutes.
- Basil is finely sliced and mixed with yogurt, this mixture is poured the chicken fillet. Then all left at least half an hour in the fridge.
- In the process of roasting the fillets need to ensure that the meat around the bone was not raw. To do this, some part portion of the piece is neatly separated from it. This area should not be red or pink. The fillet will have a beautiful yellow with a Golden hue when the barbecue is ready.
Soda and the vinegar for cooking barbecue chicken
Many marinate the chicken in the mineral water with vinegar. But it is important not to spoil the meat for the barbecue, especially if it's fillet. Marinate the chicken in this way can be quite simple and fast. The main thing – to use the instructions for cooking barbecue.
- chicken (any) 1.5 kg;
- a highly mineral water – 0.5 l;
- onion – 1 PC.;
- balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon;
- spices for chicken, salt and pepper mixture to taste.
- The chicken is cut into pieces for barbecue.
- Then the meat is mixed with spices and finely chopped onions.
- The mineral water is added to Apple cider and balsamic vinegar, all mixed.
- Skewers should marinate no more than an hour, otherwise the meat will get too dry and be tough after cooking on the coals.
- It is important to use balsamic and Apple cider vinegar and not ordinary table.
Important points barbecue chicken
To barbecue or barbecue chicken properly, you should follow a few simple guidelines:
- The meat before marinating should be thoroughly washed and slightly dried with a napkin.
- Take only fresh product, because the meat will be prepared over the coals, so it will be not such a serious heat treatment like frying, boiling or stewing.
- Salt the skewers should be longer than conventional cooking, meat must be well proselytise before going to prepare.
- In the marinade you can add any crushed and roasted nuts.
- If the chicken is prepared with garlic, it should be thoroughly grind, since larger pieces will burn, that does not look very aesthetically pleasing.
- In any marinade, add the vegetable oil. Can olive. In this case, the meat will have a beautiful Golden crust and will not burn.
- Chicken meat is more tender than pork or beef. Over the coals it will burn quicker if it's permanently left in one position. Because while cooking the chicken should turn the skewer or the grill. The meat in this case is browned evenly, will be juicy and soft.
- The longer the chicken is marinated, the tastier it will be. However, if there is a marinade of vinegar or lemon juice, too long to keep meat in a marinade is not necessary. Otherwise the vinegar will simply corrode the fibers and the kebabs will be dry.
In addition, remember that chicken kebab goes well with various sauces. For example, ketchup, tartare, sour cream or butter sauces.