Losing weight while fasting
Post strongly affects all the systems of the human body, especially if you decide to fast for the first time. If you for a long time refuse habitual food, you should know that this is a huge burden for the body.
And mental, first. Usually a meal causes us emotional pleasure. All of us have their own taste preferences, diet, favorite dishes. In case of refusal from such a simple, earthly joys becomes apparent that we possessed nervousness, frustration. In this regard, it is not enough just to abandon the usual food post, you should still try to become more spiritually refined.
Who should not fast?
For people healthy from the medical point of view, fasting will be very useful, since a person who has no chronic diseases, to follow a strict diet.
But a strict diet is absolutely contraindicated for people with diseases such as gastric ulcer, pancreatitis, gastritis. These people should consume dairy products, ground meat, protein omelets, in which fasting is prohibited to drink, with the result that the patient will lack the necessary body protein.
A healthy person can compensate for this deficiency in vegetable proteins. So sick and gross vegetable protein is not suitable, because can cause exacerbation of the disease.
For the same reason it is not recommended vegetarian menu and diabetes and kidney disease. Because they have a fairly strict diet.
It is impossible to limit animal proteins in the nutrition of pregnant and breastfeeding women, young children and teenagers during puberty, as they are the building blocks for proper growth and proper development.
Orthodox Christians fast almost two thirds of the year. Therefore, even healthy adults, it is important to know what is safe food on fast days when not eating meat, fish, eggs, yogurt, cheese and other dairy products. A switch to cereals, potatoes, pasta, dried fruit and other high-calorie foods that don't fit people with excess weight.
The answer to this question should start with the fact that each case should be individualized recommendations, taking into account the health status of the fasting person and peculiarities of its anatomy and physiology.
Also, keep in mind that depending on what you will post and what you want to lose weight, the degree of food restriction is different. When you do the course of diet to improve health, you can ask your priest to allow a small deviation from the General rules of fasting. Typically, such concessions are allowed.
Strict balanced diet differs from the traditional post only two items: vitamins and protein.
As for vitamins during fasting is good to use vitamins. Long strict diet is fraught with deficiencies, but the problem you can solve is very simple: to constantly enrich food multivitamin complexes.
A much more serious problem is the shortage of protein, because the traditional Lenten menu does not meet the real needs of the organism in this valuable food component.
How to compensate for the lack of protein?
To avoid a lack of proteins in total abstinence from food of animal origin is possible, using a sufficiently large number of vegetable foods that have a lot of protein. But the problem is that all these foods have high calorie content. Food them will hardly help to lose weight.
Nutritionists suggest to pay attention to the following facts:
- drop a common misconception that the mushroom has quite a lot of protein. In fact, it's quite a small number. Therefore, mushrooms can be considered only as a flavoring to vegetable dishes;
- protein in nuts is not absorbed well. Therefore rely on them as a significant source of protein is not necessary. In addition, almost all nuts are extremely high in calories due to and starch, and oil. Thus, nuts and seeds should make up a very small percentage in the Lenten menu;
- protein-rich leguminous seeds, but the calories from them is significant. Protein is really rich in all kinds of legumes: peas, beans, lentils, beans, soy. But the diet with the use of these products requires consideration of many other features. Required counting calories, caution in the presence of gout and kidney stones because they contain purines, otherwise the results of such practices may be sad;
- if you are not contraindicated legumes, you should know how to cook them to best utilized by the body. For example, beans and lentils before cooking, should be well washed and soaked for 5 hours in cold water, and split peas for about 3 hours. Then boil without salt until tender in the same water;
- digestion of legumes contribute to garlic, onion, other spices, and cook them better in the form of puree;
- of all the legumes easier to digest the rest of the peas mash;
- as the most complete in its amino acid composition of the bean plant is the soybean;
- textured and defatted soy flour can be prepared semi-finished products, which are perfectly suitable for use in a post;
- since the caloric value of soy products is big enough, the side dish must consist of only low-calorie vegetables.
- arrange vegetable diet will significantly help soy milk. This product is high in calories, but the protein it contains a lot;
- special attention should be paid to the soy protein used in sports nutrition. This product will certainly allow you to prevent a protein deficiency, even in the long post.
Many believers wrongly believe that the Great lent is a strict diet. But we must not forget that his main point is not to exclude "skoromnogo", and primarily in the spiritual purification, and then — in a body. Meals during Great lent is not a diet designed to get rid of excess weight and a good opportunity to develop inner balance and spirituality.
Because the diet without animal protein leads to the loss of muscle tissue, the people still managed to lose weight during lean "diet", most likely lost weight not due to fat, and lost muscle mass. And yet, it is very likely that they acquired deficiency of calcium, since most of it is contained in dairy products.
A strict diet requires particular attention: even the banal gastritis, which is present every second, can be very dangerous.
Too few meals during lent can cause stomach ulcers. And to prevent constipation, eating mostly plant foods need a special diet meal.
Eat small portions every three hours and drink at least 2 liters of fluid during the day, because the vegetable food consists of fiber, which absorbs a lot of water in the stomach. Soft food ball that turns out in the end, gets into the intestines and cleans it, bypassing the stomach. But if not enough water, formed a dense clump that causes constipation.
Carbohydrates eat in the morning
A healthy diet involves the consumption of bread and cereals in the beginning of the day and after 15.00 — legumes (lentils, beans, chickpeas) and vegetables are rich in starch (zucchini, green beans, various green salads).
It will be useful to enter into the diet of grains of barley.
Barley, which is a polished barley, rich in reduced carbohydrates that are not digested in the gastrointestinal tract and are "in transit".
And barley grits — crushed barley contains plenty of fiber, which activates digestion and stimulates the removal of cholesterol. And again, don't overdo the"lean" products (vegetable oil, bread, biscuits), as they also contain calories, like regular.
Also pay special attention to the exit of the post: do not rush to make up for all that was lost during a strict diet: add to menu, Ferial foods gradually and in small portions.