Obstructive bronchitis in children
The sharp deterioration of the health of the child always scares parents: like even the day the baby was actively playing in the yard with their peers, and in the night woke up with a strange whistling in the chest and shortness of breath. This hurricane deterioration of respiratory functions is often an indication of obstructive bronchitis that occurs because of physiological features of the structure of the respiratory system of children under 3 years, narrow bronchial lumen.
Signs of a booming obstruction have fast progression and the rapid increase in symptoms. This is the main specificity of the disease for which it is easy to diagnose obstructive bronchitis in children.
The pathology development is accompanied by the following signs:
- hurricane sudden start of disease, often at night;
- nervousness and anxiety baby: constant crying the baby, and interrupted sleep have young children;
- strange "sound" breathing in a child, resembling stretching the bellows of an accordion;
- listening auditory wheezing in the chest of the baby, the doctor at the same record finely wheezing over the entire surface of the bronchi;
- shortness of breath, which in children is accompanied by visible movement of the diaphragm and movement of the belly during breathing, as the baby finds it difficult to exhale, and my chest is constantly in a state of inhalation;
- a sharp dry cough that starts at the same time with symptoms of obstruction, after removing the obstructive symptoms subsides briefly and returns with new strength in the wet expression.
- the signs of oxygen starvation of the tissues on the background of respiratory failure, manifested in the cyanosis of the skin.
This group of symptoms points directly to the phenomena of obstruction and signs of obstructive bronchitis in children.
The reasons for the development of Obstructive bronchitis
The main reason of sharp respiratory spasm in babies doctors believe is physiologically narrowed bronchial lumen. Obstructive symptom occurs on the background of a number of related factors and develops into full-fledged bronchitis.
- On the background of developing a viral infection or allergic reaction of the baby's body to the allergen causes in the bronchi begins to accumulate mucus, which clogs the already narrow gap.
- When exposed to the respiratory system of the baby allergic agents, dust particles, pet hair, floral scents, food allergens, occurs edema of the bronchial wall. This state provokes a sharp wheezing, shortness of breath and coughing.
- Allergic obstructive bronchitis in children can also occur due to excessive weight of the baby, depressed immune system when exposed to the allergen from the environment.
- A major cause of obstructive bronchitis in a toddler can be effects on the bronchi of the child processes tumor near the bronchi, compressing the airway.
The most common reason for the development of obstructive bronchitis in toddlers doctors believe viral infection, that child is a preschooler actively collects from the environment. Such pathology is able to actively influence the production of mucus in the bronchi, which, in turn, provokes bronchospasm.
The risk of bronchitis with an obstructive component to the child's health
Pediatricians draw the attention of parents to the fact that bronchitis usually occur without any complications, subject to the treatment recommendations. However, accession to the pathology of the obstructive component significantly worsens the process, and in some cases, the baby required immediate hospitalization.
- Bronchitis with an obstructive component in babies infant (under one year) is treated only in a hospital environment and under the constant supervision of doctors. An aggravating factor is that young children are very sensitive to external and internal influences, any drug can cause an unexpected allergic reaction that will trigger increased spasm and shortness of breath.
- To hospitalize the kid of any age should be the case if the manifestations of bronchial obstruction joined by symptoms of intoxication: fatigue, fever, weakness, lethargy, reluctance to eat even favorite foods.
- The indications for hospitalization of the baby are the symptoms of severe dyspnea accompanied by cyanosis of the skin. In this case, the child there are indicators of oxygen deficiency.
In that case, if obstructive bronchitis the child develops without any precipitating symptoms, including allergic etiology, treatment can be done at home.
The constant medical control is a prerequisite for effective therapy of bronchitis in babies. Treatment, correction and dosage of drugs appoints only baby doctor on the basis of anamnesis, clinical picture of the disease.
Therapeutic treatment regimen
A couple of decades ago dokora shot spasms in children suffering from bronchitis with an obstructive component, with warm foot baths and tablets But-shpy. Spasm can be got quickly at his return, the parents do the same. Side effect of this symptomatic treatment was considered to be frequent disorder of the baby chair on a background of reception But-shpy.
Today, the spasm of the bronchitis including allergic nature, is removed by means of inhalation via a nebulizer. The drug for inhalation, the dosage and frequency of treatments appoints doctor.
In addition, babies suffering from obstructive bronchitis with spasm, the doctor prescribes:
- reception antitussive syrups on the basis of bronchodilators: Ascoril, the Salmeterol;
- funds relieves the bronchial obstruction in tablet form or in syrup (Bad or its analogues);
- mucoregulatory means of facilitating the expectoration of sputum;
- antipyretic drugs at the elevated body temperature of the baby;
- antihistamines to prevent allergic response of the body to the medication.
Tips for parents
Special attention parents should pay and the conditions in which the treatment of the child.
- The air in the room must be sufficiently wet, the room should be ventilated several times a day.
- Parents should avoid overheating of the child: the temperature in the room should be 18-20 degrees.
- Should not be neglected and timely cleaning, it is advisable to do wet cleaning at least two times a day. In this way, you can significantly reduce the risk of allergic disease recurrence on the background of the inhalation of dusty air.
- The baby needs to provide abundant drinking regime for thinning and removal of phlegm from the bronchi. Should be avoided during treatment of citrus juices, lemon drinks due to the high allergic risk.
- From the room where the patient is a baby, it is necessary to clean and eliminate all of the smell: air fresheners, bleach, tobacco moth, acetone – these smells can provoke sharp allergic attack.
Good to know parents and traditional methods of relieving the acute symptoms asthma bronchitis the baby.
Treatment of obstructive bronchitis folk remedies
Folk medicine has a rich collection of tools that allow you to relieve attacks of bronchial asthma in children. The most popular of them — conventional oil — oil or butter.
- Sunflower oil without smell, slightly warmed, and moistened in clean gauze and placed on the chest of the baby, covered with polyethylene and heat wrapped at the top. Leave the poultice on all night.
- Butter mixed with honey in equal proportions over low heat until smooth consistency, allow to cool to lukewarm. Smear the chest and back toddler, can enjoy natural fibers, polyethylene, insulated and put the baby to sleep all night with this compress.
For discharge of mucus from the bronchi easy tapping with fingertips on the back of the child. It is especially useful after lunch, early in the morning, but at night is not recommended: kid torment wet cough and give sleep.