Recipes for making delicious canned fish cutlets
Fish cakes are as popular as meat dishes. For their preparation, you can use not only fresh fish, but also canned food. This dish has a number of advantages, such as simplicity and ease of preparation.
In addition, such cutlets can be called a budget option, which means that everyone can afford them. You can use a variety of cereals, vegetables and other products to make the dish nourishing and keep its shape.
Recipe for canned saury cutlets with rice
From the available ingredients that are found in almost every home, you can prepare a delicious and at the same time simple dish. Let's start with the easiest option that even a novice hostess can handle.
Prepare these products : 1 can of saury, 0.5 tbsp. cooked rice, 80 g white bread, 0.5 tbsp. milk, 2 eggs, large onion, salt, pepper, spices and croutons for breading.
Cooking instructions :
- The first thing to do is to separate the pulp from the crust and soak it in milk. Open the jar and take out the fish, which should be kneaded with a fork until smooth. Add the boiled rice and mix everything well;
- cut the peeled onion into small cubes and add to the minced meat. Put eggs, salt and spices there. Mix everything well and put soft bread only at the very end. Stir again and the minced meat is ready;
- Pour oil into the pan and place it on the stove. Form patties, roll in croutons and place on hot butter. Fry for 2 minutes. from each side. If the heat treatment is long, then the cutlets will turn out to be very dry. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to get rid of excess fat.
Recipe for canned saury cutlets with rice and potatoes
Having at home a jar of canned food, you can quickly and easily prepare a delicious dish that can be safely served on the table to guests. It goes well with various side dishes, such as vegetables or mashed potatoes.
For cooking, take : a can of saury, 100 g pre-cooked rice, 3 potatoes, an egg, croutons for breading, salt and perets, and also oil for frying.
Cooking instructions :
- First, take care of the potatoes that need to be washed, put in a saucepan and cover with hot water. Place on the stove and boil until soft. After that, cool and only then clean. Cut the boiled potatoes into medium-sized cubes. Drain the oil from the canned food, and put the fish on a plate, removing the bones from it;
- Using a meat grinder or blender, beat the potatoes with rice and fish into a homogeneous mass. Add egg, salt and pepper to it. Mix everything well. Place a frying pan on the stove and heat oil there;
- Blind cutlets, roll them in croutons and fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. After that, you can immediately serve the dish on the table.
Recipe for canned fish cutlets with semolina
Another version of the dish, in which instead of rice we will use a different cereal. Semolina makes the consistency airy and very tender. To improve and diversify the taste, we suggest cooking with sauce. This dish will appeal to both adults and children.
For saury cutlets, you need to take the following products : a can of canned food, 0.5 teaspoons of soda, 3 eggs , 8 Art. tablespoons of semolina, salt, pepper, ground paprika, onion, laurel and 1 liter of water. To make the sauce, prepare: 3 onions, carrots and tomato paste.
Cooking instructions :
- open a can of canned food and remove the fish, and then use a fork to mash it. Put salt with spices and semolina to it. Peel the onion and cut it into small cubes, then add to the minced meat. Mix everything thoroughly and leave for 30 minutes. During this time, the cereal will increase in size and fix the minced meat;
- Now prepare the sauce for which you peel the vegetables and cut them into small cubes. First fry the onion in oil until transparent, then add the carrots and bring until golden brown. Then add the tomato paste and simmer together for a few minutes;
- Make small cutlets from the minced meat. Note that during cooking, they will increase in size several times. Dip them in crackers and fry on both sides until golden brown. Take a cauldron or a saucepan with a thick bottom and put the blanks there, and on top of the sauce and pour in the water. Place everything on the stove on low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. After the time has passed, the dish is ready for serving.
Recipe for savory canned fish cutlets
If you want to cook something original and spicy, then use this recipe. This dish, thanks to the use of various spices, turns out to be very aromatic. Serve it with different spices if desired.
Take these products : 200 g canned pink salmon, 2 potatoes, onion, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of butter, a clove of garlic, laurel, a pinch of sugar and ginger, 1 teaspoon of turmerics, cardamom seeds, chili powder, some cinnamon, salt and bread crumbs.
Cooking instructions :
- chop the peeled onion as small as possible. Cut the peeled potatoes into slices and pass the garlic through a press. Take a large skillet and heat the vegetable oil there. Fry the onion and garlic on it, and then add the ginger. The next step is to add potatoes. Fry all together for 5 minutes;
- add fish to the pan to be mash with a fork. Add turmeric, laurel and 0.5 tbsp. water. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, then remove the laurel and add the cardamom. After the time has passed, turn off the heat and chop the contents of the pan with a blender. Add salt, sugar, chili and cinnamon;
- Stir the mixture well and mold the patties, which need to be rolled in croutons. Fry in hot oil on both sides until golden brown.
Canned fish cutlets with oatmeal
Cutlets are a common dish for many people, but if you make some amendments, you can significantly diversify and improve the taste. You can use different canned food, and the flakes will add originality.
Prepare these products : egg, canned food, onion, 6 tbsp. spoons of instant oatmeal, chopped dill and butter.
Instructions for preparation :
- open the canning and drain the oil. Mash the fish with a fork, after removing the bones. In a separate bowl, beat the egg well. Cut the peeled onion into small cubes. Combine all prepared ingredients;
- add flakes and chopped dill, but you can use dried herbs. Mix the minced meat well and leave for 20 minutes. During this time, the flakes will swell;
- Heat oil in a frying pan, shape the cutlets and fry them on both sides until golden brown.
Recipe for cutlets from canned salmon
Salmon is considered a delicacy product, even if it is canned, which means that such a dish can be safely served on a holiday. In addition, few people would guess that the cutlets are made from canned food. The prepared ingredients are enough for 4 servings.
Take these products : 0.5 kg potatoes, 440 g canned salmon, onion, a couple of celery stalks, 1 tbsp each ... a spoonful of chopped dill and chopped lemon zest, 20 ml lemon juice, 2 eggs, 40 ml milk, 0.5 cups flour, 2 cups bread crumbs and butter.
Instructions for cooking :
- cut the peeled onion into small cubes and the celery into thin half rings. Beat the eggs a little, peel the potatoes and cut them into large pieces. Put them in a saucepan, cover with water, boil until tender and puree;
- remove the salmon and remove any pitski, and then mash it with a fork. Add the fish to the puree and add the zest, onion, celery, juice and dill. Mix everything well until smooth and make 8 cutlets. Put them in the refrigerator for half an hour;
- Mix the egg with milk, and separately combine the flour and bread crumbs. Roll each cutlet first in breading, then dip in the egg mixture and again in crackers. Fry in hot oil on both sides until golden brown.
The dishes discussed in this publication will help out when you need to quickly prepare a tasty dish. To do this, it is enough to have a jar of canned food in the kitchen. Enjoy!