Stuffed Turkey with mushrooms and cartophiles
Turkey is a traditional dish for the Catholics. But in Russia she managed to catch the fancy of many families. This is no accident, because the Turkey in the oven turns out incredibly tender, juicy, and it can feed quite a large number of people. So this dish is well suited for both quiet family evenings, and to celebrate a large company. I want to tell you one great recipe of cooking a Turkey in the oven.
A crunchy crust hides a very tender meat. For this to work, very good bird to nafarshirovat. Sharing a very tasty recipe — stuffed Turkey with potatoes and mushrooms.
For cooking we will need:
- Turkey medium size;
- potatoes – 1.5 kg;
- any mushrooms, can be dry, in our case, mushrooms – 100 gr. dry or 300 gr. fresh;
- sour cream – 100 g;
- onion – 1 piece;
- vegetable oil;
- spices — curry, coriander, nutmeg, you can use seasoning for chicken;
- thyme sprigs;
- If You are using dried mushrooms, first cover them with boiling water for 15 minutes until they swell. I do not recommend using frozen mushrooms, as they are less fragrant.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and boil until semi cooked;
- Meanwhile, take out the soaked mushrooms, cut them not much small not much big;
- Clean and shinkuem onion, preferably finely;
- In a hot pan with vegetable oil put the mushrooms, fry a bit, 3-4 minutes is enough;
- Then add the onions and fry all until Golden brown onions;
- Spread the sour cream and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly;
- The resulting filling is put in a bowl and allow to cool a little;
- By this time potatoes will be ready, it needs to be a little buggy, so as reach in the oven. We start stuffing our Turkey;
- Put the bird in a bowl on the back to make it easy to stuff. Take half the potatoes and cut each into several pieces. Then put in the Turkey, alternating with the filling of mushrooms and onions;
- Take a needle and thread, ordinary sewing. Put them in several times and widehem in the needle. Begin to gently sew our bird;
- Should get a seam without openings, so that during cooking the stuffing languished and not escape;
- Then in a bowl mix all herbs, spices, and salt, including sprigs of thyme, they can be cut;
- To the Turkey, baked in the oven, was a delicious crust, add vegetable oil. To the mixture add 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil and all mix well. It turned out flavorful pulp;
- Then this slurry was well coat all the Turkey, including legs and wings. Associated legs crosswise, so that the bird is very compact;
- Spread in a baking pan next to the Turkey and the remaining potatoes. And put in a preheated 180 degree oven for 1.5 hours.
Mouth-watering, tender Turkey stuffed with mushrooms and potatoes ready!