The cyclamate sodium: all about Splenda
Nutritional supplements for a long time already are not something unique and difficult to access. Now these substances can be purchased in a large supermarket or specialty store. One of the supplements that are sweetener – cyclamate sodium, the use of which entails a number of negative consequences. However, some use of the sweetener is also noted.
Details about the substance
Considering the sweetener has a more common name – Е952. At the sight of such abbreviations in the composition of the product immediately formed a negative opinion about him.
Sweetener cyclamate sodium has a number of "cons", if we talk about the effects on the body, but the benefits too. Effects from the use of this Supplement can be viewed from different angles. First of all, you need to find out what is cyclamate sodium, saccharin sodium (such analogue is a sweetener that gives the first taste better).
Cyclamate sodium (Е952) is a white fine granules, resembling powder. Applies additive to tsiklamenovy acids. Considering Splenda is very sweet (almost 50 times sweeter than the original), and when mixed with such additives, the taste becomes even more intense. The sweetener has no perceptible odor.
If you exceed the recommended dose eating you can feel the taste of metal in my mouth. Sweetener cyclamate sodium is not soluble in fats and in water, this process will take a matter of seconds.
Cyclamate sodium and saccharin sodium are often confused, because the first perfectly replaces the second. Why is saccharin and cyclamate are so popular? These substances are recommended for people who wish to get rid of the hated pounds and bring your body back in order. To determine the damage to the body from taking this Supplement, it is necessary to study in detail the main characteristics of the sweetener.
The main ones are:
- Rapid excretion from the body;
- Artificial origin;
- A high degree of sweetness in comparison with sucrose;
- The possibility of use both in pure form and as additives to beverages.
According to the considered characteristics is quite difficult to understand harmful cyclamate sodium or not. Acceptable daily dosing is 0, 8,
The benefits of regular consumption of considered little Splenda, but the stuff helps people, who are not allowed sugar with a high content of fast carbs. Of sodium cyclamate and sodium saccharine do not strengthen immunity, give energy and tone, but not useless: some use there.
To use sweetener because of the following positive characteristics:
- Use as give the drink a sweetness with minimal concentration. Sugar you need to add many times more than cyclamate or sodium saccharin. Besides, it has a positive effect on the cooking process, its speed.
- Zero calorie. All good for the figure lies in the fact that the substance is not retained in the body, and immediately displayed, therefore, the person is not gaining weight as in the case of sugar. This is the main advantage of saccharin and cyclamate Е952. To impart pleasant taste of both additives should be mixed together.
- Quick and uncomplicated dissolution of the sweetener in any amelanistic liquid, for example, in dairy products, water, juices or tea.
The main benefit of saccharin or cyclamate sodium seen only in cases of excessive weight or diabetes mellitus. In other cases, the use of the substances will not cause any positive effect, but may cause side effects. Cyclamate sodium, the harm from which should alert the person even before the decision to add it in food, may cause many unwanted effects.
The negative impact
A detailed study of additives such as cyclamate sodium, the benefits and harms which for a long time was called into question, it is necessary to consider that in many countries the substance is banned for use.
You can buy this sweetener in the departments of pharmacy of the United States, but looking at the composition produced in the country drinks, cyclamate and sodium saccharin is not found. Benefit from taking supplements rather vague, however, and serious harm from the use of proven not fully.
Adverse events or side effects in practice are based on the following:
- A significant increase in load on the work of the vital organs, especially the kidneys (in some cases, seen to stimulate the formation and growth of stones).
- Development of cancerous tumors: clinical tests on rodents confirmed that the sweetener increases the possibility of occurrence of malignant neoplasms in the bladder.
- Inhibition of the normal metabolism, causing side effects such as edema multiple.
- Strong Allergy to the substance. Human eye, on the skin appear redness, concerned about severe itching and burning.
- Violations of functioning of cardiovascular system.
It is impossible with absolute certainty to say the harmful effects on the body such a Supplement as sweetener cyclamate sodium. Harm him proved to a greater extent than the benefits, but at a resolution specialist and there are no contraindications to taking it with diabetes and obesity can. However, in the absence of necessity is to abstain from supplements in which are not sure many experts from different countries of the world. In addition, when the decision on admission of the sweetener should not forget about the recommended daily dose in order to avoid threat to health and life consequences.
Despite the relatively high risk of harm to their health of various sweeteners are in demand and which is associated primarily with the low cost of additives compared with natural sugar. In addition, many women because of the low nutritional value try as often as possible to make sodium saccharine, cyclamate sodium, the harm from which health may be. Overall really you can drink several cups favorite sweet drink and not worry about numbers on scales, but do not forget about the possibility of causing harm to the body.
Considering the sweetener is widely used in the production of desserts, drinks with low alcohol content, jelly, ice cream, products from fruits and vegetables with low nutritional value. In addition, the substance is often found on the packaging of chewing gum, a jar of jam or canned fruit. Often the sweetener can be found in cream pastries or candy.
In addition to the food industry, cyclamate is found in other areas:
- Cosmetic: for making fondant;
- Pharmaceutical: cough lozenges, sprays, syrups, vitamin complexes.
Considering the sweetener is considered to be relatively safe, but without the need to add in your daily diet it is not recommended. Every body is different, and if one person receiving the sweetener may pass without complications, the other is not excluded hazardous to health.