Therapeutic diet for acute and chronic colitis
Colitis is a very unpleasant inflammatory bowel disease that is characterized by frequent urination in the toilet and severe pain in lower abdomen during them. In stool of the patient can be particles of food that is not digested in the digestive tract. Alas, this pathology can end very, very badly.
Where to start?
Disappointing statistics says that the cause of the colorectal becomes chronic colitis in approximately 25-30% of all cases. Diet for colitis the bowel is the basis for adequate therapy. However, it should be emphasized that it should be prescribed only by a gastroenterologist, with all the indications, contra-indications and individual characteristics of the patient.
Fundamentals of nutrition for colitis of the intestine are the same as for any nutritious diet table. Rules of diet always imply the rejection of any of the products, which provoke the progression of the disease, as well as enrichment of the diet food, able to regulate digestive processes.
In General, the diet in this case does not involve anything complicated, and even includes quite high-calorie foods, rich in protein and crude fibre (fibre).
This drastically limit fats, especially animal, as well as sugar and empty carbohydrates. If you have any bowel problems associated with constipation, you will also benefit from such a health diet.
The entrance to diet for colitis
To restore normal bowel function and normalize their motor skills, will have to comply with certain rules of supply for a certain time until the painful symptoms of colitis not stopped, and the inflammation completely recede. The first thing you must prepare is a global "cleansing" event. It includes a two-day abstinence from any food (liquid – inclusive) and enemas. Two day you should drink plenty of water (at least 1.5-2 liters per day). You can also drink tea without sugar and blueberry juice (but only organic and no sugar added). You can drink compote of dried fruits, especially if you have pain disorders of the chair in the background of the disease. If the colitis is accompanied by diarrhea, this can not be done.
As you know, out of fasting, even a short-term need to correct. After abstaining from food stops, enter in your diet apples. It is advisable to eat them in mashed form, i.e., to prepare from them mashed potatoes. You can also bake them in the oven (not the microwave!). The fruit should peel.
On the third day of starvation it is possible to expand the diet, depending on your own health.
However, in the area of the taboo still has to be products, irritating the wall of the body and provoking inflammation.
You should not apply to the food, which greatly enhances the natural intestinal motility – this can badly affect its functioning at the moment. But to strengthen the digestive tract very desirable, and for this you should use slimy liquids (oat broths, jellies, etc.). To awaken the secretion of gastric juice is not recommended, therefore, acidic vegetables and fruit you should refuse. For example, citrus should be banned for you. After the third day of fasting should be entered in the menu semolina and rice (again, in a shabby). Do not use meat sauce.
But keep in mind that meat should not treat fat varieties. Ideally, if they become a bird, especially Turkey breast or chicken.
The basic rules of nutrition in colitis bowel
The result of much research and debate among gastroenterologists and nutritionists was the conclusion that food is almost no direct effect on the development of colitis. However "special" the food is able to alleviate the condition of the patient if the pathology has already surprised him.
You can stop not only the symptoms of the disease, but also to secure the prevention of its exacerbations. And you need to know what foods should be eaten and which are better to temporarily give up.
Fiber, due to the multiple laudatory odes in their favor, is synonymous with something very important for our body.
But it is important to know that fiber is of two types, and each of them has a certain advantage and the risk for colitis of the bowel:
- Insoluble fiber or crude fiber not digested by the body, is extremely harmful when such pathologies. Their components can be attached to the walls of the colon and provoke the exacerbation of colitis. Insoluble fiber is important to exclude completely from the diet in any form of colitis. Among the popular foods fortified with it – grapes, Apple peel, sweet corn, cabbage, pasta, instant oatmeal and cereal, whole wheat bread;
- Soluble fiber, in contrast to the previous one, is very useful for patients mukadisa from colitis. It is necessarily included in the diet in acute and chronic, as well as ulcerative colitis and intestinal. She has the unique ability of regulating the motility of the smooth muscles of the intestine and softens the stool and prevents long-term constipation. It can be found in the following products: potatoes, beets, boiled carrots, apples and pears (just peeled!), rolled oats, white polished rice. Soluble fiber is the basis of the diet table No. 3 – diet, which is prescribed to patients with a variety of dysfunctions of the bowel.
Your diet is important to organize based on this basic principle. You also have to compensate for the lack of animal fats by consuming fish oil in its pure form. And let this fact does not associate you with the "bitter" memories of childhood – now it is not necessary to drink it pure, that is, "primordial" form.
There are special capsules of pure fish oil which should be taken according to the annotation to the drug. In addition, fish oil in this form is easier and faster to digest.
To restore normal bowel function, you should pay attention to the amount of dairy products in your daily diet. A therapeutic diet does not exclude but limits them. With an excess of this food in the diet of the patient's condition can deteriorate significantly the background activity of the lactobacilli that are in this food.
Therefore, the total amount of"milk" should not exceed 100 grams per day.
What foods you can eat with colitis?
- Vegetables (particularly green leafy) in the form of grated stews, mashed potatoes or meatballs without crust (preferably steamed). Especially it is necessary to lean on a pumpkin, zucchini, boiled cauliflower;
- Cooked fruits and jellies, compotes, jams and preserves based on them (but with a limited amount of sugar!);
- Milk and milk products – whole milk, fresh yogurt, grated cheese medium fat sour cream. Natural yogurt is excluded;
- Eggs – not more than one item a day, only in a boiled kind;
- Fish and seafood (especially steamed or in a chopped look);
- Meat (low-fat), especially poultry, veal or beef;
- Oil with butter, ghee or olive;
- Flour and bakery products – white and black bread, app cookies, muffins, dry biscuits, crackers.
What products should stop?
- Fatty fish and fatty meat;
- Smoked meats and sausage;
- Pickles and marinades;
- Canned food and semi-finished products;
- Fruits and vegetables raw;
- Some cereals – millet, barley, barley porridge;
- Tea with milk, carbonated beverages, coffee (both natural and soluble).
As drinks other than water you can use broth hips, fruit compotes and jellies, herbal medicinal teas (but only herbs which do not have a pronounced laxative action).
Nutrition in acute colitis
If you have had a worsening chronic illness, or you are faced with him for the first time, you must adhere to all of the key rules of the diet for colitis colon constipation, which are listed above. One important point – in the acute stage of the disease, all your food should be strictly steamed and then pureed. Boiled vegetables should be finely chopped. Meals can also be baked, but without the emergence of a ruddy crust.
Stay healthy and let everything contained in this material will be familiar to you only in theory!