Uyghur lamian: the recipe
Uyghur lamian is very difficult to describe in one word, because in appearance it is difficult to call a second dish or main liquid, although it can be served for lunch and dinner. The only thing you can say for sure, is that lagman came to the countries of Central Asia is from China, and its recipe has brought the Uighurs and the Dungans suffering from addiction to change of residence.
Original recipes of lagman, there are only a couple, and they differ little from each other, while its modernized variants already scored a dozen. The true dish is only vegetables, meat and flour required for the holographic fabrication of very elongated noodles. Depending on the density of the gravy in the dish can be a sort of soup or a full second.
A classic recipe
Gravy for such a Uighur Laghman, what it ate a few hundred years ago, made from the following ingredients:
- 800 g of beef fat, or 1.2 kg lamb meat;
- 300 ml vegetable oil;
- two large follicles;
- a couple of carrots and fresh tomatoes;
- 100 g of paste tomato;
- 4 sweet peppers;
- one radish;
- 5 garlic Zubkov;
- junsa or garlic (varieties of onions, smelling of garlic);
- Jimdo – Chinese green beans;
- black, milled to a fine powder, pepper;
- crushed paprika;
- mashed celery seed and parsley;
- Basil, fresh parsley, dill and onion.
Detailed recipe gravy for Uighur lagman as follows:
- In a deep frying pan warmed up all the vegetable oil. Once it is hot, in a bowl laid the meat, cut into small slices, then onion, chopped half rings;
- After 15 minutes of cooking in the pan go the vegetables that are pre-cut thick wedges;
- After 7 min of stewing on a slow fire, the gravy is flavored with spices and salt, mixed and poured the broth (hot water) so that the liquid just covered the contents of the dishes;
- After 10 minutes, gravy is ready.
Note that the GOST dictating certain requirements to Laghman and prevents peresushivaya vegetables. The latter should be slightly crunchy, and keep good form during the mixing process, the flour-based.
The dough for the real Uyghur lamian is like a regular ravioli or dumplings. It includes flour (not necessarily the highest grade), a teaspoon of salt (based on the amount of flour and your taste preferences) and water. Optional to include the eggs, as long as the flour was of the highest quality.
Roll out and cut the noodles only after half an hour the dough "rest" in the bowl, and throughout this time it will be periodically press down. Then the base is divided into balls 5 cm in diameter, they are rolled in flagella, the size of a normal sausage, lubricated by vegetable oil and 15 min rasstavatsya on the table, dusted with flour.
And now comes the fun part — cooking the noodles. It is necessary to be taken each preset and stretch it slowly, occasionally hitting the middle of the table.
Once the "sausage" will be one meter long, it should be folded in half and repeat again, and three times. As a result, the hands should be long and rounded curves. It must be cut into noodles, more like spaghetti, and you can cook the meal in salted water.
Yes, the dough is much easier to prepare than to generate from his noodles, but remember that in the present guiru Laghman no place purchase pasta.
For centuries Guiro or Uyghur lamian served with a spicy sauce called "manhole", which recipe is as follows:
- In a pan heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- In a bowl added two finely chopped garlic heads and 20 g of powder of dry red pepper.
- All a bit heated with constant stirring.
GOST and technical conditions issued by catering to the Uighur lagman, be obliged to serve it in a bowl, pre-warmed in the oven or washed in boiling water. In a deep bowl first decomposed noodles, poured over the gravy, and all generously petrosoveta fresh greens. Each adds the seasoning to your liking.
Roasted version of noodles called Uighur lagman differs only in that the finished strips of dough are boiled in salted water until soft, and then laid in the pan, where roasted and protesilaus meat with vegetables.
From there, the finished dish is taken literally in 10 minutes, and served it on a flat dish with lots of herbs and seasoning "Lazo", which it is important not to overdo it. In the historical version of the lagman with nothing but black tea with milk or a drink of green leaf tea.
We hope that our tips will help you cook a delicious meal that you will be able to please his household. Bon appetit!